Aquagenx Water Quality Test Kits
The right tools for field testing in developing countries
Water Quality Testing in Poor and Developing Countries
- 1 in 3 people or 2.2 billion people around the world lack safe drinking water (WHO/UNICEF 2019)
- Globally, at least 2 billion people use a drinking water source contaminated with feces (WHO 2019)
- 2.1 billion people lack water that is accessible on premises, available when needed and free from contamination. (United Nations 2018)
Drinking water in developing countries is rarely tested and monitored for quality partly because testing has been too difficult, impractical and costly.
Other water quality tests are not designed for low resource areas, They are complex testing methods that require laboratories, electricity, a cold chain expensive, cumbersome equipment and highly trained analysts. Such requirements are challenging in low resource, rural and remote areas.
Aquagenx Test Kits for NGOs, Humanitarian Aid, Governments
Anyone can use Aquagenx test kits with little training. They enable ambient temperature incubation at 25° C and above and work at variable temperatures. Color-change test results are easy to identify.
No labs, electricity, cold chain, expensive, complex equipment or highly trained analysts are required.
Aquagenx portable water quality test kits are ideal for all types of water quality monitoring programs. They are used for small projects to large scale surveys:
- Health surveys
- Household surveys
- Water safety plans
- Water system maintenance
- Water management decisions
- Post-disaster response and recovery efforts
- Behavior change and education