Aquagenx Water Quality Test Kits
The right tools for on-site testing in developing countries
Poor and Developing Countries
- 1.8 billion people around the world use a source of drinking water contaminated with feces, putting them at risk of contracting cholera, dysentery, typhoid and polio (WHO/UNICEF 2015)
- 844 million people in the world – one in ten – do not have clean water (WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Program Report 2017 update)
- 340,000 children under five die annually from diarrheal diseases due to poor sanitation and hygiene, or unsafe drinking water (UN Water 2017)
Drinking water in developing countries is rarely tested and monitored for quality partly because testing has been too difficult, impractical and costly.
Other water quality tests are not designed for low resource areas, They are complex testing methods that require laboratories, electricity, a cold chain and expensive, cumbersome equipment that is difficult to use and transport in the field.
NGOs, Humanitarian Aid and Governments
Aquagenx® CBT Kits and field kits remove barriers to microbial water quality monitoring where testing was previously impractical, impossible, too difficult or too expensive.
Anyone can use the CBT EC+TC Kit with little training. It enables ambient temperature incubation at 25° C and above and works at variable temperatures. Color-change test results are easy to interpret.
No labs, electricity, cold chain or expensive, complex equipment are required.
Aquagenx® portable water quality test kits are ideal for all types of water quality monitoring programs. They are used for small projects to large scale surveys:
- Health surveys
- Household surveys
- Water safety plans
- Water system maintenance
- Water management decisions
- Post-disaster response and recovery efforts
- Behavior change and education