Easy, Reliable Tests for Citizen Scientists
No labs required. Conduct on-site testing yourself.
Citizen Science Water Quality Testing
Everyone’s life is affected by water quality and access to safe water. In many countries, drinking and recreational waters are monitored by national, state and local governments. They are assisted by universities, research institutes and government-funded scientists.
However, these organizations do not have enough resources to monitor water quality in every river and watershed. Volunteer citizen scientists are a valuable asset for open collaboration with government agencies to help maintain biological, chemical and physical water quality standards.
Aquagenx Citizen Science Water Quality Tests
Here is why our portable water quality test kits are beneficial for citizen science water quality monitoring:
- Lab-free and electricity-free
- Easy to use with little training
- Lets you self-test in the field and test waters not near a lab
- Eliminates sending samples to a lab
- More cost effective than lab testing
- Generates comparable test results to gold standard testing methods
Surface and Recreational Waters
This is accomplished by using a simple 1:10 dilutions of the 100 mL sample for each test.