On-Site Testing In Low Resources Areas
Without the need for labs, electricity and expensive equipment
Microbiological Water Quality Test Kit
The Aquagenx CBT Kit is ideal for water quality testing in any low resource, rural or disaster/emergency area. Its simplicity and convenience remove barriers to on-site water quality monitoring:
- Compact and lightweight
- Anyone can use with little training
- No electricity, labs, expensive equipment, specialized technicians required
- Works at variable temperatures, constant temperature control not required
- Ambient temperature incubation at 25° Celsius and above
- Most Probable Number (MPN) of E. coli in 100 mL sample
- Meets World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality
Cost Effective and Value Laden
- Eliminates need for laboratories
- Eliminates need for complex testing methods
- Eliminates costs for electricity, cold chain, sample transportation, labs, specialized technicians
- Removes requirements for supporting equipment or materials that are difficult to use in-the-field
- Removes need to clean and sterilize reusable testing components
- Reduces test waste for decontamination and disposal
Simplify Water Quality Monitoring
Anyone with little training can open the CBT Kit box and run tests no matter where they are. The CBT Kit’s simplicity and convenience enable water sources to be monitored regularly for quality to ensure water remains safe to drink over time.
Make Informed Decisions About Water Quality
The CBT Kit generates easy-to-score, color-change test results. Our Most Probable Number (MPN) Table includes both the MPN value and Upper 95% Confidence Level. This data provides a diagnostic analysis of water samples in a health risk framework so you can make informed decisions about water safety.
Excellent Educational Tool
The CBT Kit’s color-change test results are powerful, visual tools that help individuals and communities gain better awareness about water quality and adopt behaviors for good sanitation and hygiene.
Validated Around the World
The CBT is a microbiological water quality test kit that is used in numerous countries around the world in a wide range of low resource conditions. Tested extensively by independent parties against gold standard testing methods in the lab and field, the CBT gives comparable results when compared to more complicated, expensive and less portable tests. Our customers continuously affirm the value of using CBT Kits in-the-field.
Dr. Mark Sobsey Discusses Need for CBT Kit
The CBT Kit’s speed, convenience and quantitative test results add value to water quality investigations and validate projects and programs. It is simple to use on-site in remote locations, and its color-change test results are an excellent way of raising water quality awareness for local communities.Stuart Bryan