- Portable – Compact and lightweight
- Simple – Anyone can use with little training
- Convenient – Works at variable temperatures, constant temperature control not required. Ambient temperature incubation at 25° Celsius and above.
- Flexible – No electricity, laboratories, expensive incubators, cold chain, extra equipment or specialized technicians required
- Informative – Quantitative, color-coded test results, the Most Probable Number (MPN) of E. coli in a 100 mL water sample
Make Informed Decisions About the Health Risk of Water
The CBT Kit provides quantified data to make informed decisions about water quality in a heath risk framework.
- Meets World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations for water quality testing – E. coli in 100 mL sample
- Health risk categories in our MPN Table match WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality
- Easy-to-score, color-change test results are an educational tool that enables individuals and communities to adopt better behaviors for sanitation and hygiene.
Simplify Water Quality Monitoring
Water sources must be regularly monitored for water quality to ensure water remains safe to drink over time. The CBT lets anyone do this no matter where they are.
Cost Effective and Value Laden
- Eliminates need for laboratories
- Eliminates need for complex testing methods
- Eliminates costs for electricity, cold chain, sample transportation, labs, specialized technicians
- Removes requirements for supporting equipment or materials that are difficult to use in-the-field
- Removes need to clean and sterilize reusable testing components
- Reduces test waste for decontamination and disposal
Validated Around the World
The CBT is used in numerous countries around the world in a wide range of low resource conditions. Tested extensively by independent parties against other standard testing methods, the CBT gives results on par with more complicated, expensive and less portable tests.
Our customers affirm the advantages and benefits of using CBT Kits in-the-field.