No other commercially available microbial water test provides the same simplicity, portability and convenience:
- Portable – compact and lightweight
- Simple – anyone can use with little training
- Self-contained – all supplies included
- Cost effective – no need for electricity, labs, cold chain, specialized technicians
- WHO standard sample – 100 mL volume
- Built-in decontamination – includes chlorine tablets
Ongoing Water Quality Monitoring
All the investment in the world to improve water access doesn’t help if water isn’t regularly monitored for quality to ensure it remains safe to drink and to teach populations to adapt behaviors that keep water uncontaminated.
Just because water looks clean does not mean it is safe to drink. A water source looking clear does not guarantee water is free of bacteria that causes illness, disease and death. If you need to know water is truly safe to drink, the CBT is the test you need. Learn more→
Versatile Microbial Water Quality Test Kit
- Meets World Health Organization (WHO) 100 mL standard volume for microbial water testing
- Completes testing in simple steps
- Generates easy-to-score, visual, color change results
- Works in-the-field and on-site in low resource and disaster settings
- Enables ambient incubation between 25-44°C
- Provides complete supplies and built-in decontamination
Cost Effective and Value Laden
- Eliminates costs for electricity, cold chain, sample transportation, lab sample analysis, specialized technicians
- Removes requirements for supporting equipment or materials
- Removes need to clean and sterilize reusable testing components
- Reduces test waste for decontamination and disposal
- Allows individuals and communities to make informed decisions about water safety and quality
Validated Around the World
The CBT microbial water quality test is used on nearly every continent in a wide range of conditions, including low resource settings without electricity or cold chain, difficult terrain and little-to-no infrastructure.
Tested extensively by independent parties against other standard testing methods, the CBT gives results on par with more complicated, expensive and less portable tests.
Our customers have used thousands of CBTs in-the-field where they obtain similar, successful results.
Comparative Study Poster Paper: Demographic and Health Survey, Peru 2011→
Comparative Study Poster Paper: Detection and Quantification of E. coli in Stored Household Rainwater Samples, Thailand 2011→
Aquagenx CBT: Performance Evaluation Data→
Journal of Microbiological Methods Paper: Evaluation of the Compartment Bag Test for the Detection of Escherichia coli in Water→
Michigan State University Poster Paper: Microbial Quality and Safety of Well Water in Rural Nicaragua as Determined by Low Cost Bacterial Test (CBT)→